INCOMPLETE REGISTRATIONS MAY BE DELETED AND NOT CONSIDERED
BRUCE ROSSMEYER’S DAYTONA HARLEY-DAVIDSON®
& GEICO® MOTORCYCLE GIVE-AWAY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW AND ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Sponsors: The Sponsors are Rossmeyer Daytona Motorcycles, Inc. d/b/a Bruce Rossmeyer’s Daytona Harley-Davidson (“Company”), Government Employees Insurance Company (“GEICO”) and Destination Daytona, LLC d/b/a Bruce Rossmeyer’s Destination Daytona (individually and collectively, “Sponsor”).
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia that will be at least 18 years of age OR the age of majority in their state of residence (whichever is older) at the time of entry ("Entrants"). Entrant must reside in the United States throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Only one (1) entry per person. Do not enter multiple times using different email addresses. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant based on an email address, the entry in question may be disqualified. The Company, Sweepstakes Entities, Sponsors, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, successors or agents, advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes will begin February 15, 2014 at 10:00am ET and end October 18, 2014 at 5:00 pm ET (“Sweepstake Period”).
4. How To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period you may enter in one of three (3) ways:
(i) By logging onto the Company website at http://BruceRossmeyer.com/GEICOMotorcycleGiveaway and following the Motorcycle Sweepstakes Give-away links to complete the on-line registration form.
(ii) By registering in-person during business hours at Bruce Rossmeyer’s Daytona Harley-Davidson, 1637 N US Hwy 1, Ormond Beach, FL 32174.
(iii) By registering in-person at GEICO’s promotional display at one of the following locations (for specific addresses visit http://BruceRossmeyer.com/GEICOMotorcycleGiveaway prior to the date of event):
Daytona Bike Week-Daytona Beach, FL-March 7th-16th, 2014
REGISTER In person at Destination Daytona, Riverfront Park on Beach Street
or Daytona International Speedway –Sprint Fan Zone
Leesburg Bike Week-Leesburg, FL-April 25th-27th, 2014
Thunder Beach Bike Rally-Panama City Beach, FL-April 30th-May 4th, 2014
Rolling Thunder Event-Washington DC-May 23rd-25th, 2014
Americade Bike Rally -Lake George, NY-June 2nd-7th, 2014
Laconia Bike rally-Laconia, New Hampshire-June 14-22, 2014
Thunder in the Valley- Johnstown, PA- June 26-29, 2014
Sturgis Bike Rally-Sturgis, SD-August 4th-10th, 2014
Harley Davidson Event-Milwaukee, Wisconsin-August 28th-Sept 1st, 2014
Ocean City Bikefest -Ocean City, MD – September 9-14, 2014
Biketoberfest –Destination Daytona, Ormond Beach, FL October 16-18, 2014
Regardless of method of entry, to be valid, Sweepstakes entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. When applicable, the Company’s computer will be deemed the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email submitted at the time of entry and qualification. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstake and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the website administrator for online entries. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be receipt acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, or incomplete entries.
By entering Sweepstakes, all Entrants agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that the decisions of Sponsor are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; and (d) in the event that you do not comply with the rules, then you will be disqualified. Decisions by Sponsor may include, but are not limited to, eligibility, whether an entry adheres to the entry criteria, and the time of entry receipt. Entrants agree that Sponsor may contact them via phone, email or mailing address.
5. Winner Selection and Notification: On or about Saturday, October 18, 2014 after the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period, the Company will select one (1) Grand Prize winner by a random method from all the eligible Entrants. The potential winner will be announced at approximately 9:00 pm on Saturday, October 18, 2014 at the Destination Daytona Pavilion (1653 N US Hwy 1, Ormond Beach, FL 32174) during the 2014 Biketoberfest Concert. Thereafter, the potential winner will be notified via the telephone number or email address or mailing address that the Entrant submitted with the registration. If the potential winner is unable to verify registration information and eligibility within twenty-one (21) calendar days, the Entrant will be disqualified and the Grand Prize will be forfeit. Where the Grand Prize is forfeit for any reason, the Company will choose an alternative potential winner from among the remaining pool of eligible Entrants.
Entrant is responsible for notifying Sponsor of any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor is not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or other message to notify Entrant of potential prize award. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner; or for any late, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of potential winner to provide signed proof of eligibility, release form, and other documentation required to claim the prize. Where a potential winner is not available to participate, does not claim the prize within the time period provided upon notification, or is deemed ineligible or disqualified for any reason, Grand Prize will be forfeit. When Grand Prize is forfeit, an alternate potential winner will be selected at random from among the remaining eligible entries. Selection will continue until Grand Prize is awarded. Once a potential winner has been selected and is eligible, complies with the Official Rules, and takes delivery and title to the Grand Prize, the potential winner shall be declared the official winner (“Grand Prize Winner” or “Winner”).
6. Grand Prize and Odds of Winning: The Grand Prize is: One (1), 2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Motorcycle; Approximate Value - $21,889.00. (the “Grand Prize,” or “prize,” or “motorcycle”).
THE GRAND PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Grand Prize details and availability are subject to change. The Winner may receive the actual display vehicle with existing mileage. The Company reserves the right to substitute Grand Prize (or prize component) with another Grand Prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value. The Company reserves the right to award an alternate year model, if the 2014 model is not available at the time of prize award. If the Grand Prize’s MSRP is over the stated value, the Winner will not be awarded the difference. Grand Prize is not exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash except in the Company's sole discretion.
Sponsor does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor and Released Parties are not in any way responsible or liable for damages resulting from shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this Sweepstake.
Once verified as eligible, Winner must take delivery and possession of the Grand Prize at Bruce Rosssmeyer’s Daytona Harley-Davidson, 1637 N US Hwy 1, Ormond Beach, FL 32174 no later than thirty (30) days after receiving notice that the Grand Prize is ready to be claimed. If Winner fails to take possession within thirty (30) days of notification the Grand Prize will be forfeit. Prior to receipt of the Grand Prize, Winner must provide evidence of motorcycle insurance on the motorcycle and a valid driver’s license. Winner must execute all documentation deemed necessary by Company to title and register the motorcycle into the Winner’s name. Winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before the Grand Prize will be awarded. All costs and expenses related to Grand Prize acceptance and use not specified herein are the sole responsibility of Winner, including but not limited to the cost to register and title the motorcycle to Winner, any applicable state sales taxes, and any upgrades. Grand Prize Winner may not substitute, exchange, or apply the vehicle’s value towards a higher cost or alternate vehicle.
8. Releases and Conditions: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES OR BY RECEIPT OF ANY SWEEPSTAKES PRIZE, PARTICIPANTS AND WINNERS AGREE THAT THE SPONSORS, THEIR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE AND WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR CLAIMS, LOSSES OR ACTIONS OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: INJURIES, DAMAGES OR LOSSES TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING ANY TRAVEL RELATED THERETO; CLAIMS OR LOSSES RELATING TO ANY TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS OF THE TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER ONLINE SYSTEM, OR SOFTWARE OR ANY ILLEGIBLE, DAMAGED, LOST, MISDIRECTED, POSTAGE DUE, INCOMPLETE OR LATE ENTRIES OR ENTRIES NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. The Grand Prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified in these Official Rules. Winner must agree to the prize conditions on participation and must sign a release to be eligible to receive Grand Prize.
9. Taxes: Valuation of the Grand Prize is based on available information provided to the Company. Sponsor will provide an IRS form 1099 reporting the value of the Grand Prize awarded to Winner at the end of the calendar year 2014, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. Winner is responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the Grand Prize.
10. Conduct and Decisions.
- Administration. The Sweepstakes is administered by Rossmeyer Daytona Motorcycles, Inc. d/b/a Bruce Rossmeyer’s Daytona Harley-Davidson (“Company”). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sweepstakes Administrator. Entrant acknowledges and understands that any information provided will be used for administering the Sweepstakes and in accordance with the Company’s privacy policies, which may be obtained upon request from the Sweepstakes Administrator or as posted on the Company Website at BruceRossmeyer.com. The Sweepstakes Sponsors, promotional partners and administrator are herein collectively referred to as the Sweepstakes Entities.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor will interpret the Official Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the Official Rules or the Sweepstakes, and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Sweepstakes is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Sponsor deems appropriate. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Sweepstakes to Sponsor/Company’s "discretion" shall mean Sponsor/Company’s "sole and unfettered discretion."
- Notification. Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Sponsor is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online Entrant's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstake. Photocopies or mechanical reproductions of any entry forms are not permitted.
- Termination. The Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare Sweepstakes null and void and rescind Grand Prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Sweepstake have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally, by any person whether or not a participant in the Sweepstakes; (ii) cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, it is impossible or impractical to complete the Sweepstakes as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort; or (ii) stop or conclude the Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice. Sponsor is not responsible or liable to any Entrant or Winner or any person claiming through such Entrant or Winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole control.
- Governing Law; Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida or the appropriate State Court located in Volusia County, Florida; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other indirect damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to its conflicts of law rules.
11.) Official Rules: For a copy of these Official Rules, visit the Company at 1637 N US Hwy 1, Ormond Beach, Florida 32714 during normal business hours, or visit the Company’s website at http://BruceRossmeyer.com/GEICOMotorcycleGiveaway.
12. Intellectual Property: Product names and trademarks used in this Sweepstakes are for Grand Prize identification purposes only. All trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. References to or illustrations of prizes, logos or trademarks do not imply endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation of this promotion by the manufacturers or owners of such marks in any manner.
13. Winner List: The name of the Grand Prize Winner can be obtained from Sweepstakes Administrator, Bruce Rossmeyer’s Daytona Harley-Davidson, 1637 N US HWY 1, Ormond Beach, FL 32174, (386) 671-7100 on or after December 1, 2014. Vermont residents may omit return postage in their request for the name of the winner. Requests must be received by April 1, 2015.